Tues, 5 July 17
Yesterday and today I went to the gym for the main purpose of seeing what upper body work I could do that did not require any hamstring use.
Things I tried and had success with:
1. High rep, low weight bench press,
2. Seated incline press. wide, medium and narrow,
3, Chin ups,
4. Pull ups,
5. Seated dumbbell curls with medium weight - too heavy and I start to have to flex the hamstring to stabilize,
6. Preacher curls with the ez-curl bar, medium weight,
7. Cable flyes and rope push downs,
8. Tricep push down machine,
9. Ab crunch machine.
I'll play around a bit more and see what else I can do. I expect the next step in my injury recovery will be walking for my cardio. Following that, light stretching and mild resistance work. (think bands or a very light cable kick)